Acne is one of the most prevalent, problematic, and unpleasant skin conditions. It is also one of the most difficult to treat, which makes the sufferer feel under confident and miserable about themselves.
Dr. Punkesh Kumar, the best acne doctor in Patna, explains that, contrary to popular opinion, acne begins when hair follicles and pores become clogged with dead skin cells and sebum (the natural oil produced by the skin). This becomes a perfect feeding ground for bacteria, where they multiply and cause inflammation. Therefore, this can lead to blackheads, whiteheads, pustules (spots), nodules, and even cysts in situations of inflammatory acne.
Why Should One Get Acne Treatment?
Acne is not an uncommon problem; most people have it in their teenage years. However, if it gets severe, the condition can leave massive scarring and hyperpigmentation. It becomes important to consult a good dermatologist to provide appropriate treatments. Such treatments can help with:
- Controlling acne
- Minimizing damaged skin and scarring
- Making scars less noticeable
What Are the Best Acne Treatments?
There are different treatments available, depending on the severity of the acne. A good dermatologist will go through the client’s medical history and ask questions that will impact the treatment. If required, a patch test will be taken 24 hours before the treatment.
A patch test is crucial to determining whether the treatment will be effective for the patient. If the patch tests are successful, the best acne doctor may recommend the following therapies:
- Chemical Peeling: Chemical peels enhance skin tone and texture while reducing fine wrinkles. The intensity of chemical peel depends upon the severity of the condition.
- Microneedling: It is a process where tiny needles puncture the skin to treat enlarged pores, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
- Laser Resurfacing: It is a facial rejuvenation process where a laser is used to enhance a skin’s appearance and treat minor flaws.
- Combination Therapy for Acne: A combination therapy for acne is a combination of prescribed medications with two acne-fighting ingredients.
- Microneedling RF: Radiofrequency micro-needling is a cosmetic treatment that uses both radio frequency waves and tiny needles to rejuvenate the skin.
- LED Light Therapy: LED is the shorthand for light-emitting-diode. It is a non-invasive treatment where light enters the skin’s layers and enhances the skin.
- Fractional RF Skin Tightening: This is an advanced technology that includes a combination of radiofrequency and dermal stamping.
Benefits After Getting a Treatment for Acne
Once the treatment is done, the patient will be given a tailor-made course of treatments that are to be maintained at home. The right acne treatment may alter a person’s life, and they can experience the following situations:
- A Rush of Happiness: when one finds their skin clearing, they feel a rush of happiness and feel more comfortable in their own skin. They may even develop a desire to dress up better and get a makeover.
- Better Mental State: A person being content and comfortable with how they look eventually elevates their mental state.
- A Flood of Compliments: As the skin starts drastically clearing out, people will automatically notice. It is not uncommon to make heads turn while walking on a street full of strangers.
- Restored Confidence: With a new glow on the face and self-acceptance, one can restore confidence and lead a better life with more enthusiasm.
- Better Personal and Professional Relationships: Studies have shown that looks have a great influence on maintaining personal and professional relationships.
Acne is not uncommon these days; almost everyone has little bumps here and there. But for some, the situation gets worse, and they may need acne treatments. If one is looking for an acne doctor, one can contact Dr. Punkesh Kumar at the Advance Skin, Hair, and Laser Clinic, the top skin clinic in Patna. Pay a visit now!